Clarence Jazz Festival 2021: piyura kitina Opening Event
In collaboration with the Tasmanian Aboriginal Centre, Clarence Jazz Festival 2021 will kick off with a special opening event at piyura kitina (Risdon Cove) celebrating 25 years of jazz in Clarence on the land of the Tasmanian Aboriginal people. The evening of music will include some of lutruwita/Tasmania’s best acts that will warm your soul and get you dancing into the early evening.
- Welcome to Country & Opening Ceremony
- Kartanya Maynard Quartet – Warm and powerful vocals
- Danny Healy Trio – A modern jazz chordless saxophone trio
- Jay Jarome Band – A grooving blend of soul, funk, jazz and blues
- Cultural tours of the land will be held throughout the night
- Food provided by Palawa kipli.
Bring a picnic and rug. No BYO, this is a dry event. Food provided by Palawa kipli catering company.