Expressions of Interest for the 2019 Exhibitions Program
Clarence City Council accepts applications from local, interstate and overseas artists, curators, arts collectives, and organisations. Applications to exhibit can be for solo shows or curated group shows. (Note: A limited number of solo shows are programmed each year). The curatorial committee prefers applications based on new work or substantially reworked exhibitions.
Assessors will consider the following criteria:
• strong conceptual basis
• engagement with art, craft and design mediums, techniques or concepts
• quality of design and production
• original and distinctive work
• relevance to the Clarence community
INFORMATION: WHAT YOU GET
All exhibitions are fully supported by Clarence City Council. The Council provides:
• Approximately 4 week exhibition, free of charge [includes 1 week in total for install / de-install]
• Installation and de-installation of the work with the assistance of experienced staff
• 22% commission on sales compared with industry standard 40%
• Design and distribution of an electronic invitation
• Email to our mailing list of art industry professionals and the public
• Advertising and marketing of exhibition on our social networks, advertisement in local press, and inclusion in the program’s electronic and hard copy newsletters
• Presence on the Arts and Events website clarenceartsandevents.net
• Exhibition opening, including drinks and refreshments, including staff for opening night, Liquor Licensing and bar overheads
• Staff for invigilation of the exhibition (Wednesday-Sunday)
• Curatorial and professional advice
• AV equipment such as flat screen monitors and projectors are available.
• Exhibitions will be open to the public for visitation 11.00am to 5.00pm Wednesday to Sunday (closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, between Christmas and New Year and over the Easter public holidays). Openings are the first Thursday night of the exhibition period from 5.30-8pm, unless otherwise negotiated.