An annual program of ~12 exhibitions in the Schoolhouse Gallery at Rosny Farm is run through an expression of interest process. The program features exhibitions by established and emerging artists, community groups, and touring exhibitions. Further exhibitions are held in The Barn at Rosny Farm including larger scale exhibitions of contemporary art, installations and national touring exhibitions.
Applications are invited each year between June and October for Schoolhouse Gallery proposals for the following year from established and emerging artists, cultural organisations and community groups.
To apply fill out the EOI form here
Every summer between January and March the Barn hosts a range of music concerts, film screenings, comedy and theatre events. Performers and promoters are invited to apply to present as part of this program.
- The Barn will be set up with a 6 x 3m stage, black back curtains and furnished with 120 chairs and 20 circular café tables.
- A fully licensed bar serving wine, beer, cider and basic snacks will be staffed by Council and an experienced sound and light technician provided.
- A decent, basic PA with two channel fold back and 12 channel desk is provided along with a decent, tuned upright piano.
- A private green room cottage is available for performers and a modest hospitality rider
- Clarence City Council will provide ticketing and venue management services
- The Council provides some marketing assistance but the onus is on the performers to promote their own show including organising articles in print, interviews/performances on radio, social media and posters.
- Typically performances are scheduled Friday and Saturday nights between 7-10pm for $15 + booking fee although this can be negotiated.
- Clarence City Council pays a fee of $300 vs. 60% of ticket sales, whichever is the greater, also negotiable.
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2018 program by filling out this form
The Clarence Jazz Festival returns between the 18-25 February 2018 and its team is seeking expressions of interest from bands to perform. To register your interest, please fill out the form here
Clarence City Council has recently completed refurbishment and expansion of its Family Day Care Administration Centre in Alma St, Bellerive.
As part of the upgrade a new courtyard area had been created primarily for use by staff but visible to clients as they approach the centre. The Council is seeking to commission a contemporary Tasmanian artist to create an exciting and engaging contemporary artwork on the blockwork wall in the newly created courtyard space.
Artists may choose to consider the functions of the building as a space for managing the children’s services programs but note that the space is primarily used by staff of the centre as an informal meeting space and lunch space.
To find out more and to submit an application go here
A big hit in recent years has been the Poochibald Art Prize as part of the Dogs Day Out held annually at Rosny Farm in October. If you love dog art you’ll love this and you can submit your painting, drawing or print of your favourite pooch for the chance to win prizes on the day. There are sections for adults and children.