An annual program of ~12 exhibitions in the Schoolhouse Gallery at Rosny Farm is run through an expression of interest process. The program features exhibitions by established and emerging artists, community groups, and touring exhibitions. Further exhibitions are held in The Barn at Rosny Farm including larger scale exhibitions of contemporary art, installations and national touring exhibitions.
Applications are invited each year between June and October for Schoolhouse Gallery proposals for the following year from established and emerging artists, cultural organisations and community groups.
Expressions of Interest are now open by filling out the form here
Every summer between January and March the Barn hosts a range of music concerts, film screenings, comedy and theatre events. Performers and promoters are invited to apply to present as part of this program.
- The Barn will be set up with a 6 x 3m stage, black back curtains and furnished with 120 chairs and 20 circular café tables.
- A fully licensed bar serving wine, beer, cider and basic snacks will be staffed by Council and an experienced sound and light technician provided.
- A decent, basic PA with two channel fold back and 12 channel desk is provided along with a decent, tuned upright piano.
- A private green room cottage is available for performers and a modest hospitality rider
- Clarence City Council will provide ticketing and venue management services
- The Council provides some marketing assistance but the onus is on the performers to promote their own show including organising articles in print, interviews/performances on radio, social media and posters.
- Typically performances are scheduled Friday and Saturday nights between 7-10pm for $15 + booking fee although this can be negotiated.
- Clarence City Council pays a fee of $300 vs. 60% of ticket sales, whichever is the greater, also negotiable.
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2018 program by filling out this form
The Clarence Jazz Festival returns between the 18-25 February 2018 and its team is seeking expressions of interest from bands to perform. To register your interest, please fill out the form here
The Clarence Jazz Festival is dedicated to supporting and developing young musicians through its annual Scholarship Program.
We encourage players in school and community bands to step forward as soloists, and our program builds the skills and confidence to help you be a feature performer.
Positions are available for 15 to 20 year olds in:
1 x Open Scholarship – for any instrument
1 x Female Instrumentalist Scholarship
1 x Piano Scholarship (Sponsored by Hobart Jazz Club in honour of Ian Pearce OM)
What we offer:
Six months of free tuition specifically in improvisation and performance for 3 emerging young musicians. Tutors are selected for a best fit with scholars.
To register your interest, fill out the form here
The Clarence Open Art Exhibition is a biennial event held in both the Schoolhouse Gallery and Rosny Barn at Rosny Farm. Open to all Tasmanian artists, Clarence City Council actively promotes the participation of people in the arts and the Open Art Exhibition provides a valuable opportunity for artists to show their work to the public.
The next Open Art Exhibition will be held in 2018.