Every summer between January and March the Barn hosts a range of music concerts, film screenings, comedy and theatre events. Performers and promoters are invited to apply to present as part of this program.
- The Barn will be set up with a 6 x 3m stage, black back curtains and furnished with 120 chairs and 20 circular café tables.
- A fully licensed bar serving wine, beer, cider and basic snacks will be staffed by Council and an experienced sound and light technician provided.
- A decent, basic PA with two channel fold back and 12 channel desk is provided along with a decent, tuned upright piano.
- A private green room cottage is available for performers and a modest hospitality rider
- Clarence City Council will provide ticketing and venue management services
- The Council provides some marketing assistance but the onus is on the performers to promote their own show including organising articles in print, interviews/performances on radio, social media and posters.
- Typically performances are scheduled Friday and Saturday nights between 7-10pm for $15 + booking fee although this can be negotiated.
- Clarence City Council pays a fee of $300 vs. 60% of ticket sales, whichever is the greater, also negotiable.
Expressions of interest are now open for the 2018 program by filling out this form